Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nicki Minaj Still I Rise

This is my favorite song by Nicki Minaj."Nicki Minaj (born Onika Tanya Maraj on December 8, 1984) is an American rapper and singer. In August 2009, Minaj signed to Young Money Entertainment with distribution from Universal Motown, who will release her debut studio album in 2010. Onika Maraj grew up in Queens, New York. She is of mixed Afro-Trinidadian and Indo-Trinidadian descent. Minaj grew-up in a home with an abusive father who drank alcohol and did drugs and one time tried to kill her mother by setting the house on fire. Since the incident with her father and mother she felt a strong female-empowerment for her mother stating “If I’m successful, I can change her life.” She graduated from LaGuardia High School in Manhattan where she studied singing and acting.Nicki Minaj began her career in 2004 singing background vocals and hooks for local rappers. She was discovered on MySpace by Dirty Money CEO Fendi, who signed her to that label. After appearing on "The Carter Edition" of Young Money's The Come Up DVD series, Minaj was contacted by Lil Wayne. The two collaborated on a number of mixtape tracks. In April 2007, she released her first mixtape, Playtime Is Over, posing as a Barbie doll on the cover. Lil Wayne appeared on the track "Can't Stop, Won't Stop." In 2008, Minaj released the mixtape Sucka Free. She appeared in the July issue of XXL magazine, giving a brief overview of her life thus far. Later that year, she won Female Artist of the Year at the Underground Music Awards. Nicki Minaj released Beam Me Up Scotty, another mixtape, in 2009. It received generally positive coverage on both BET and MTV. Minaj was also featured on Jeffree Star's 2009 album Beauty Killer, on the track "Lollipop Luxury.""
 I enjoy listening to Nicki Minaj's music. I hope you enjoyed the facts about Nicki Minaj that I got from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/. Nicki Minaj is my idol next to Rihanna. After all Nicki has been through when she was a little girl1. I think that Nicki Minaj is very pretty when she isn't being revealing of herself. Nicki Minaj only wears revealing cloth and acts sexual because she feels she will make more money that way. And, more boys will buy her CD's. Or, more people will buy poster's or her photo's. I just love Nicki Minaj music me and my cousin listen to it all the time. My favorite song by her is "Still I Rise".

No comments:

Post a Comment